Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Will you be my friend?

I laugh to myself how my attempts to find a friend must appear to those who have it all together. Although my desire is to go places, experience new adventure and spend off times with Heather...there are times when she is working or away when it would be nice to go do something instead if sitting around the house. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out at home. I love watching TV, playing my computer games, cooking, reading, talking on the phone, etc. But once in awhile doing something outside if the house with a pal who I can laugh with, share stories, have a partner in crime! I have some really sweet young people at work that are adorable and are my work friends, but I'm talking about the kind of girl who shares similar interests: gay or gay friendly, loves to laugh, isn't a skinny mini cuz that's a tough one (!!) and is at least within a decade give or take, of my age! If Heather and I are off work together, then I want to be with my sweet, fun, adorable girl. But, if she is working or visiting with one of her old friends, then it sure would be swell to have a friend or two I could call up and say hey, let's go grab a coffee and people watch! Or..let's go for a walk downtown. Or..wanna go play bingo with me? Catch a movie? Grab a drink? Until that happens, I need to find peace with going out alone. Or better yet, finish those crochet projects I started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment