Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 29, 2010

Same Song - Different Day







So, Jason is in the hospital and I'm going to blog about that later. But, yesterday in a moment of weakness, I sent an email to my Dad. Yeah, I know. What the HELL was I thinking.

So, OK...my email was a bit sarcastic:

In case you want to reach out to contact Jennifer, Jason is at Standford today and tomorrow for sensitive testing before getting a pacemaker. It would be nice if you at least pretended to care about him.

and yeah, I am a brat - always have been, probably always will be! However, was I that bad to get a reply email from him that said:

Wendy,
Since you are sending "smart alec e-mails" I will not even read them from now on but I will say one last thing. What makes you think I don't care about Jason? Why bring him into this. We gave him a check for $500.00 for a wedding gift and it has been cashed and we have received a thank you from them.
What is wrong with you lady? I would suggest that you get some psychological help!!!!!!!! Don't waste your time on sending me emails as they won't be read until an apology on your previous actions are received.

HA! I'm very proud of myself, actually. This time I did not cry. I did send a reture email....well, cuz you know I had to:

Father,

I owe you no apology and yet you owe me many. Your wife's 4 page typed words of irrational lies, disrespect and bitterness with hate and nonsense showed only what must be understood as nothing less than pure craziness. There is nothing to say about that mail accept you can be assured that mail will be saved and seen by everyone I think necessary to see it, at it's right time.

Then I get a letter listing many of your obligatory parental responsibilities, things you apparently feel I should still be beholdant to you for. When one says thank you, that should be enough - not to expect years of continual acts and words of apreciation. You would be ashamed if I listed for you the things I have done for my children and what I will do for my children. My children have never had to doubt my love for them and I do not keep reminding them of the dollars I have spent on them or the gifts I have given to them in love. I've never expected them to give me anything in return. I prayed for my babies before they were born and thank God every day for the blessing they are to me. I have the most amazing children and I take great pride in the fact that I have been a fantastic mother.

I was in a moment of weakness when I emailed you earlier about Jason. It won't happen again, I promise. Please do not reach out to Jason. He doesn't need your mean spirit at this time. He needs only love, kindness, compasssion and genuine concern. You do not possess these things.

As I've said before, throughout my entire life, I've never been a good enough daughter for you. I will not kiss your ass as another daughter might do for their own reasons. Nor will i pretend that her Daddy cares about her as another daughter might out of desperation for your attention.

I know the truth and that is all I need.

WenDee

You see, with my father its always about money. I spent this. We spent that. This cost this. I saved this much. blah blah blah. Lets talk money dad -

1. How much did you spend on helping me get my first car at age 16?
answer: zero

2. How much did you spend on my college education?
answer: zero

3. How much did you offer or pay for my wedding (which didn't happen because we had no money)?
answer: zero

4. Why did Mom buy me clothes from goodwill at age 13?
answer: because you were a cheap ass and didn't buy me clothes! No worries dad, my friends kept me in the latest styles with their hand offs until I got my job at age 16 and bought my own clothes.

ok, the list goes on..but i'll behave myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment