Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 11, 2010

Jason Morris 9/03/1977 - 10/06/2010


Jason, I wanted to watch you reach your bike destination. I watched you, from my desk behind you at work, put this vision into a plan. I followed your searches with bike parts and accessories, map routes, clothes, camping gear and so on. Your eyes sparkled since the day I met you, but even brighter as you envisioned this adventure. As a mom, I gave you heck about being careful and checking in. You would only taunt me as only a kid does with stories that would make me reach over and smack your head. I didn’t want to say farewell at work. I told you I wouldn’t. You understood why. I didn’t know then that if I would have just not been so stubborn I could have had more of you to enjoy before you left. I cried my eyes out seeing the empty chair at the desk in front of me. I waited as long as I could to take away the decorations at your desk, until the day I did because seeing them made me too sad. I missed you turning to me to ask, “what music shall we listen to today?”. I wanted more Jason Morris aura. I still do. I always will. The candy dish is at my desk along with the picture you left for me written on it your words of comfort. I love you Jason Morris. I will never ever forget how this young man came into my life at such a time and taught me much. I didn’t know I could learn like that, but I thank the Lord He brought you to me so I could. I will push on with those 30 second run sprints, remembering you at the other end clapping your hands and saying “YES!” Inspiration, encouragement, wisdom, understanding, laughter, craziness, faithfulness and love. These are only a few words to describe you Jmo.
Yes, after all, you have reached your destination. The one that was planned. The one that we must all bow our heads to and try to hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment