Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 14, 2010

I wrote this little piece a long long long time ago -circa 2004 - and feel like postin it here today.
N Joy

I have discovered that this journey of life is an ever changing adventure. You go through your life learning and trusting and sharing and exploring, hoping to find people who will love and accept you. You become bold and take the leap and give your heart away. Just as you think your heart is safe, you find its been stretched and damaged and torn. Its hard to continue to trust...to keep giving...to keep looking for people in your life who will just like you and not judge you and not spit words at you that hurt and crush your soul. You must learn to love yourself. You must like to be with your own company. You must not expect much from others and hope that someone will fill a void. My children have completed me and yet I do not wish for them to fill that void. They will live their lives as they choose. I will live mine as I choose...until the day God wishes to take me home. I've made so many mistakes and wished I had taken a step back and rethought some of the things I've said and done. However...this human race is just that, human, filled with reactions that are acted upon and decisions quickly made. Being human means you have emotions and there are physical reasons why we sometimes do what we do when others look at us and wonder why we did this or that. I cannot say I'm sorry enough. I cannot help you get past anything. I can only love you. I can only accept you. I can only forgive and wish we could pick up and carry on. I am Me. Please look at Me and see Me. Please do not look at my body and grade me. I have failed in the school of outward appearances. I've put myself in detention at this school my entire life but wish to be free and graduate into a sense of acceptance. You may choose to accept me or reject me. If you reject me, then go away and forget my name. Do not talk of me in anger or hatred. Do not spit on the memory of me. Just go on and go away. But if you accept me, then love me as I love you. Unconditionally. I know you are not perfect. I'm thankful that you are not! Perfection is a fantasy that doesn't exist on earth. I smile at your human needs and the tenderness of you. I want you happy. I want to help you. I want to just be someone positive in your life. Please take my hand and be with me on this journey.
The road is not a guaranteed distance. It is only guaranteed to change..to twist, to turn, to be steep, to be slick. But, it will get you forward. Forward until the end comes.
Till then, journey on

No comments:

Post a Comment