Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 20, 2012

Normal

The new normal that has hit is strange and unfamiliar.
I wonder if I will need to be used to this normal?
Doubtful its possible, as my eyes continue to be red with the thousands of tears that fall. I am sheilded now from the sights that my heart desires to see.
The sounds that once brought a smile to my face are gone and I am in constant reminder that my life has turned and I am lost in a new world.
There is no safety ledge - no barrier protecting me from the pain I feel deep in the well of my heart.
The happy boat is off in the distance, traveling a sea of new adventures.
Learning to sail, alone and in rough waters. No guarantee that the tide will overtake and capsize.
Perhaps an island will be found that accepts me as I am. Will love me anyway, in spite of the character flaws that is a part of who I am. Maybe the natives will understand that imperfection cannot be found, and the good I posses - the kindness I wish to give - will be enough to allow for my existance there.

No comments:

Post a Comment