Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 16, 2014

PDX

Oh how bittersweet this time it will be to fly into PDX. Honestly, not sure how I feel about this trip. Yes, seeing Evan and Rebecca will be great. The wedding I'm sure will be a lot of fun and very exciting. However, There were so many things I had planned and wanted to do for this trip that are just not going to be happening. Instead of sharing my time, I will be alone and discover downtown. I will walk those streets. Stop at the starbucks at the square. Watch the max come and go and probably sit and just stare. Stare at the big block that once held my laughs and my joy. Those times we were crossing over that square at night. Those times at the farmers market picking out berries. Seeing sand castles and flowers spread to walk around. Music played festivals filled.
Ah PDX...I'll be back soon and not have these wrenching memories.
That will be the day.
The day that I will celebrate in so many ways.
Until then, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment