Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 14, 2013

I remember

I notice the clothes piling high on the laundry basket so I begin to sort. Dark clothes here, light clothes there, and linens.....there among the kitchen dishtowels are those bath towels. I pink up that large pink bath towel and suddenly I'm enveloped within its soft cloth. Closing my eyes I remember. Just a few days ago these threads were wrapped around her body. I see her smile as she steps out of the bath and the twinkle in her eye. She loves her showers and I love seeing her so happy. The fresh scent mingles out into the room; a mixture of her soap and her cologne. I remember. Tonight I am sleeping with that pink cotton which has been refreshed with that aroma of musk and vanilla. I hope to sleep well tonight....as I remember.

1 comment:

  1. and so mean she is in sharing this to her people - acting so high and mighty - making these memories be ones that were odd or sick or wrong. How dare she mock something that was so meaningful to me. How dare she spread viciousness about me, when in her heart she knows how sweet and loving these words were felt and written. Shame on you

    ReplyDelete