Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Full of Pride

This week is Portland Pride Week. Meaning, the one week out of the year we can walk amongst all peoples and be who we are, who we wish we could be at other times other than "Pride". I want to walk with my partners hand in mine and not be concerned with the fact that I might be bothering someone. I want to kiss her on the mouth and give her a little hug when I feel the desire - just as all hetero couples can do at any time without anyone batting an eye. I have felt this pure joy and freedom at times in my life, and I call it heaven on earth. To be allowed to walk in this world has shown me a glimpse of times I hope to come. Now, don't think I'm being naive about Pride parades and the showman ship that goes on at the festival. Trust me, we are not all that shiney and want to stand out! However, I do enjoy being able to walk in my city and just be us...two woman, in love, living in peace, and not being any center of attention because the extremes are getting all the stares :)
Happy Pride to you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment