Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 3, 2013

Words

Words can be haunting. Words can be uplifting. Words can be misunderstood. Words can be used to to hurt someone. Words can be funny. Words can be the last thing heard before someone dies - whether they are ill, accidentally die or choose to take their life.
I've never understood how people can use words to be hurtful. Why? Why must the standard be lowered to that point? There are many who are not affected at the level that I am. I've been told I'm hypersensitive, that I'm passionate, and that I'm incredibly perceptive to the truth and others actions which is sometimes a curse. All I know is I hope and pray that my words only uplift and encourage. I will pray daily to ask that I not using biting or sorrowful words. For the last 30 hours I've been obsessing over something that was said to me. It cut and hurt deeply. At night the pain of how that felt almost overcame me. However, this morning I awoke with the sense that there must have been a reason this hurt so deep and that is what I have to face. So, I embark on new discovery of character evaluation and the bigger picture. The reasons behind the afflicting words. The course that is before me to tackle and release that bitter and sour taste left in my mouth.
I am enough.
I am strong.
I am a child of God.
I am a wonderful person.
I will not return insults.
I am Me.

2 comments:

  1. You are one of my best friends and mean the world to me.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di you are one of the only people that make me feel welcomed to stay in this world

    ReplyDelete